Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So it begins...

Hello all. Well, after staring at a blank page for a while, it seems I have no choice but to beat the blinking cursor by dwelling for a moment, in my own irony; I generally can't shut up and yet, as I start this blog, I find myself oddly at a loss for words. My experience blogging has thus far been limited to killing time at work by going to random and anonymous internet sites (ok, fine...usmagazine.com may or may not have come up once or twice) and commenting on the latest escapades of some vapid celebrity, with the sole intention to invoke an extremely amusing grammatical disaster of a response from someone on "Team Aniston." Aside from there being no birth of twins or undergarment absenteeism to comment on, I think my current "bloggers block" is because I'm not entirely sure whether to go with a trusty stream of consciousness approach or attempt to present some deeply philosophical and profound statement about the relationship between history and new technologies. Truth be told, the latter option is a far more demanding task than I'm willing to entertain at present, so I guess I'll save that for later and just stick to the basics:

I'm really excited to take this class and learn about a whole new dimension to the study of history. I am also eager to improve my (admittedly) rudimentary tech skills, as I expect that advanced knowledge of ipod and blackberry operation doesn't qualify me for any IT positions outside the Best Buy sales team. As appealing as that 40% discount is, I think this is going to be a great class and I look forward to meeting everyone.

In closing, it seems I didn't end up having any trouble finding words after all, lol.

No comments: